Quicksilver trim information

Calypso2003

Cadet
Hi all,

I recently acquired a 1966 Aerocraft Runabout with a 50 hp Mercury o/b. It has a Quicksilver trim assembly (with throttle) fully installed. Now, while I was lucky to get all the registration paperwork for the boat, the previous owner had no information whatsoever on the Quicksilver unit. The installation looks okay, even though the original start switch and wiring was left in the console.

I can't seem to find any model information on the unit. The power assembly is installed under the transom. And, web searches have been somewhat lacking in information.

Before I remove either the power unit or throttle control to try and find a model number, does anyone have any suggestion as to where I can find technical information? I'm hesitant to hook up the battery and fire it up without having some information in hand.

Thanks!

Joe

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Quicksilver trim information

The sr# of the motor and a picture of the shift control will help us to give a reasonable reply. Being the boat is of the 66 modal year, chances are that a newer motor and shifting control has been added. JMO
Oldman570

Last edited:

Calypso2003

Cadet
Re: Quicksilver trim information

Hi Oldman570,

Yes, right after I posted it, I thought to myself, "dummy...you should have attached pictures!"

The s/n on the Merc is 6485830.

For some unknown reason, I can't get the pictures uploaded. Regardless of whether I want to attach an image or upload files, the forum web page reports errors with the uploads. It gets to a certain point then crashes! :-(

Joe

Last edited:

Calypso2003

Cadet

Attachments

• IMG_1515[1].jpg
    IMG_1515[1].jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shot1.jpg
    Shot1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 0

Redwing4900

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Did you resolve this issue? I have this exact motor that I purchased last week, but it looks like while you have the trim pump and the unit for it, there isn't a switch on the throttle to control it with. How did you get that motor in the up position, or was that how you acquired it?