transom bolts torque??

merc150

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had to remove my 03 merc 150 to put a power pole on. I going to use a torque wrench when I put the transom bolts back in. Does anyone know the transom bolt torque specs? Thanks

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: transom bolts torque??

It's 55 foot/lbs. However. Go slow and in 10 lbs increments on all of the bolts and listen for the transom cracking or creaking. If it starts to crack or make noise, you will have to get large transom washers or reinforcement bars.

If it starts to crack when the torque is light, the transom is on the soft side.

merc150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok thanks for the fast responce!!

JustJason

Vice Admiral

You can thank my paypall account if you like :)

merc150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You can thank my paypall account if you like :)

torqued the bolts to 55 last night went and looked at the boat this morning and noticed 2 cracks on top of the transom 1 crack on each side of the motor above the 2 top transom bolts. My transom is still good and solid its a hydrasports flats boat. Hopefully I could just fill the cracks up with fiberglass :facepalm:

JustJason

Vice Admiral

It might not be as solid as you think.

It's 55 foot/lbs. However. Go slow and in 10 lbs increments on all of the bolts and listen for the transom cracking or creaking. If it starts to crack or make noise, you will have to get large transom washers or reinforcement bars.