Odd Mercury/Mariner Control Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCboat

Seaman
I have been looking for a while to replace the deteriorating control box wiring for my 1976 Merc 500 with tilt/trim. I really didn't want to try and replace just the wiring harness (at $200.00 and trying to solder the connections) and I really never liked the separate 3 button trim/tilt switch that I currently have. I came across these NOS controls that looked like they would work, but there is almost no information on them. From my research, it looks like they came with a few select Mariner motors from the late seventies.

There is also a Mercury version of these in blue. I went a head and took a chance and bought it, hooked it up and luckily it worked great. I now have a NOS controller with integrated trim/tilt switch that its compatible with my motor. I'm sure it would work with many other years that take the same 7 pin plug. The model number on this is 78025A and there are some that pop up on the large auction site occasionally. Does anyone else have any additional information on these? I just wanted to pass on this information for someone else that may be looking for new controls for their 7 pin harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.