Operating Temperature Mercury Verado

Grumpy I

Cadet
Hi I am looking for the operating temperature for my 2005 Mercury Verado 250HP outboard motor.
Have MM smart gauges, when checking for pre season start up with water muffs, water turned on, start motor fine, water coming out of top discharge hole but not as strong as or like normal. Run engine in natural and then in forward for several minutes when the overheating alarm goes off, 186deg F, Idle down motor, temp drops some , turn motor off and let water continue to flow till Temp drops to 65deg. I saw several posts looking for the OT but nothing answered the question What is the operating temperature for MM 250HP Verado Motor. Nothing in my documentation indicates or tells what the OT should be. Does anyone know or have the OT answer, then any suggestions about what is causing the problem in the first place.
Thanks
Grumpy I

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Operating Temperature Mercury Verado

Verado's are a special breed of their own, you may want to spend some time surfing Veradoclub.com. You should be able to find lots of good info about your engine model over there as well.

If this link works, Here are some water specifications for you. If not, find the library and you will find the info your looking for. Good luck.

http://www.veradoclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Last edited: