Mercury 200 20hp starter problem

I have recently purchased a mercury 200 20hp I think it's a 1973 but not sure the serial number I have is 3541578 , the starter is completely shot I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get a replacement starter because I can not seem to find one anywhere
Thanks!

seanymphmike

Cadet
Re: Mercury 200 20hp starter problem

I think I have the same motor. My parts manual shows this as part # A-50-47216. It's my understanding that this starter is no longer available. It was superseded my another model which I believe is also not available. However I do believe that the parts for a rebuild are still available and occasionally you can find one on ebay. Not much help I know.

That's what I am starting to think but I firgured maybe there would be a replacement starter but is there a website that I could find this rebuild kit at thanks again

seanymphmike

Cadet

If you do a google search for "mercury starter A-50-47216" there is a link called "Convert to electric start [Archive] - Boat Repair Forum" with a lot of info concerning this starter. I tried posting the link but doesn't like me.

Last edited: