02 60 mercury efi bigfoot. stuttering on acceleration.

kustomkolors

Recruit
I have a 02 mercury bigfoot 60 h.p. efi. Serial number ot505062 . Wants to stall and stutter when throttling up. And between gears shifts. If I throttle lightly it will be fine. Idles good and runs good at higher rpms.have changes plugs and both fuel filters. Primer bulb. Checked fuel pressure at high pressure pump and its 42psi. Other than sea foam is there anybody that has an idea? Thanks I hope once again.

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 02 60 mercury efi bigfoot. stuttering on acceleration.

Does your outboard ever randomly shut down when idling in gear for extended periods- say 25-30 minutes?

kustomkolors

Recruit

Not that I have noticed. But I bought boat in late fall and only used it a handful of times and was doing it then. Now it is Doing it on muffs and isn't in water yet.

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class

First, I only use SeaFoam as aftershave- it has about the same ingredients, and does the same thing- just makes you feel better. :lol: I was leaning towards a faulty throttle position sensor, there was a problem with the tps on earlier 4 cyl EFIs. Best advice I can offer- have the outboard scanned at a Merc dealer, or a shop that uses CDI MEDS scan software. With any EFI outboard, there are just too many possibilities to start throwing parts at it.