Quicksilver 3000 Removal

newt5005

Seaman
I am doing a resto on a 24' SunTracker Pontoon boat. The furniture replacement includes the console. I am currently have the console stripped (and labeled) of the electrical and steering. The throttle is a Quicksilver 3000 series and mounts to the console. I have read the forums about removing it. As far as I can tell, the center button ( I assume it's the disconnect for the drive) needs to be pried off, to access the nut behind, in order to facilitate it's removal. The forums also talk about breaking this same piece during removal because of how its built.
My question is, can the throttle be disassembled without damage and if not, can the small plastic piece or pieces be purchased for replacement? The throttle is fine, I want to re-mount it on a new console. A more complete description re: disassembly for the throttle and re-assembly would be appreciated as well.

Thank you.
Mike

newt5005

Seaman
Re: Quicksilver 3000 Removal

Thanks for the link. I was looking for the procedure as well as the actual part availability. Also, where do I find the model number for the 3000 series controller. There are a number of them and none appear to match mine (visually).

Thanks again.