Here we go again.... 1986 Mercury 60hp Flooding Problem

Pholla10

Cadet
So I have been working through several issues with this motor and I thought I had everything good to go. Today I went to put the boat in the water and it would not start. At the house on earmuffs the motor started every time so it goes without saying this suprised me. I noticed that fuel was leaking from the main fuel connection to the motor and also from the carburetor. Essentially what happened was the motor got super flooded. I put it back on earmuffs and disconnected the fuel line, after a couple trys I got it started and let it run til it was empty. When the motor has no fuel in it I can prime it a couple times and it fires right up but if I turn off the motor without letting it burn all the fuel it will not start back up. I am assuming it is a carburetor float issue but I find it strange that I did not have this problem previously. Also, I think I should mention that the current tank of fuel I am using has seafoam in it as well. I was wondering if the seafoam has loosened up some gunk and caused issues. Anyways, I am stumped once again and need the iboats community's help.
Thanks,
Peter