1995 mercury 30hp oil injected problems, need help

jbjennings

Captain
This motor is a neighor's. He had a mechanic or two work on it and is still having a problem where it just stops running suddenly and won't crank up. It doesn't do it every trip according to the owner. He dropped it off at my house and I checked it out today. It would not idle. I cleaned the low speed jet and readjusted, made an idle speed adjustment. Took it out on the lake and it had horrible acceleration. It would finally plane out and pick up to full throttle and ran fine on full throttle once it got there which took a while. I ran it about 2 miles and it got a little better about the acceleration, but never right. No water in the fuel filter, no water when I pulled the bowl plug. It seemed to miss a little at low speed, especially under slight acceleration. The motor seemed like it was almost having to burn off fuel and then finally plane out. Could this be caused by a mis-adjusted float? Also, the motor supposedly has 2 new coils. I am wondering if it may have a bad powerpack, but haven't run it until it fouls up and the tested the pack. Anyway, I've given about all the info I have on it, and if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I plan on rebuilding the carb and trying it again as far as the acceleration problem. The plugs look good, not too wet, and no water on them, BTW.
Thanks ahead,
JBJ

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 mercury 30hp oil injected problems, need help

Check fuel pump diaphragm as may have hole in it flooding crankcase, also check CDM modules.

jbjennings

Captain

Thanks FB, I'll check those. I think that fuel pump diaphragm will be the first on my list to check. I did notice the bolts were loose and that pump was leaking today.....
WIll post back as to the fix.
JBJ

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

If ya need a couple of CDM's to try, buzz me as you should still have my #. Have a few good ones off scrapped V-5 :D