15 HP Mercury stalling

Topgunnloop_240

Recruit
I got new plugs, water pump,rebuilt carburetor and fuel pump motor runs good in the drum, idles fine in neutral and in gear, on the lake it gets up on the plane good and fast, then it starts slowing like its running out of fuel, throttle down and it runs fine, throttle up and it does it again, any help in this matter!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 15 HP Mercury stalling

Is the bulb sucked flat when this happens? If so, your tank is not venting. Flat bulb means the fuel pump is attempting to suck fuel from the tank, aka creating a vacuum and it can't get any. Since the bulb is flexible, it collapses rather than maintaining it's normal shape with a "soft" feel when the engine is running.

Mark

Topgunnloop_240

Recruit

Thanks Texasmark, but I checked the fuel line and tank, the fuel and tank are new. I did find that the kill switch wires by the landyard switch had the insulation rubbed off, not sure if that was it or not, got it back in the tank to test it.

Topgunnloop_240

Recruit

Ok Guys, This is what was the problem was Fuel connection on the fuel line where it connects to the motor was sucking air @ high rpms, changed the connection and solved the problem, I noticed this in the drum running it in gear and just above an idle, I noticed the fuel filter bowl was running out of fuel, wiggle the hose a little and a gas leak, so if its leaking gas it can suck air,

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Great. We only know what we are told and being there surely would help being able to help, like to see the fuel low in the bowl.

Mark

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Fuel connectors is the problem about 50 % of the time and also the most over looked.