1976 mercury 1150 block question

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a quick question about my mercury block, last year I started to do a rebuild on the engine and the block has been sitting around with diffrent weather conditions but not to extreme. recently it had condensation on it and a couple cylinder walls have rust on them, will i be able to save it by having the cylinders bored over. ill upload some pics once i find my camera

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976 mercury 1150 block question

???--------Light rust can be honed out followed by washing out with hot soapy water.-------Have you measured the bores.

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class

unfortantly its not light i didnt get to it quick enough before it got worse. no i havent measured the bores yet dont have anything to measure them with. i just planned on buying oversize pistons. theres a thread i started a while back about rebuilding my engine. things went south for me real quick when i put new gaskets on cause i didnt torque the nuts and bolts down:facepalm: heres some pics of the cylinders

photo 1.jpg

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class

? anyone 89 views and no one else can help...k ill go else where to get it then

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Bore all 6 and check labryth seals on reed blocks. Then you will have a good idling and running engine....