Optimax Block water pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo_30

Seaman
Hi guys,

I have a 2004 Optimax 150 with block water pressure issues. When I try to get on the plane the guardian comes on and throttles back 9 times out of ten. The smart craft guages show 'H2O pressure' and a little engine symbol. The guage reads 0.00psi at idle.

I know that if the ecu does not see a certain psi at a certain rev range it protects itself.

I have just replaced the water pressure sensor, impellor and housing and thermostats.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could there be a faulty new sensor? I do have a video showing the pressure coming out of the line to the sensor, not sure if I can post it here?

molo_30

Seaman
Re: Optimax Block water pressure

The tell tale is very strong at idle also...

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Well, you could rebuild the poppit valve.

molo_30

Seaman

Sorry, forgot to mention I have replaced the poppet valve also.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Well, I am not sure what else to suggest. Do you have a working, mechanical 0-15PSI gauge on the boat? If that reads 7+ PSI at planning speed, the trouble must be in the Optimax Sensor system.

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

Where did the put the sensor on that model?

You can post videos here . Click on the "insert video" icon and post a youtube vid.

molo_30

Seaman

Thanks guys. The sensor is located on the port side attached to the head. It is fed by a small 4mm plastic pipe that comes out of the bottom of the starboard head.
I haven't had a chance to read it on the plane yet but it is still reading 0 at idle. Is there anyway to test the sensor I just replaced?

I'll have a go at the video here.

molo_30

Seaman

Does the pressure out of the line look sufficient for idle?

saltybreeze

Recruit
Running into the same problem, block water pressure isn't reading properly and I've tried a different sensor. What did you end up finding out about this issue?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any help would be appreciated.

Running into the same problem, block water pressure isn't reading properly and I've tried a different sensor. What did you end up finding out about this issue?

Since the post by the OP before your post, made over 4 years ago, says he was still looking, the answer is no.

You should start a new thread including your serial number, if you are looking for help.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.