How to wire mercury 115hp to start without remote

geordielad2

Cadet
Hi, can anyone tell me how to start engine without using remotes,The engine cut out just after starting and now has no spark at any plug, removed remote and tested start switch and found a fault on the continuity between purple and yellow/black when its in choke.Have been told its possible to start engine without using remotes,just wondering if anyone knows how to do this.Thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to wire mercury 115hp to start without remote

Well the answer depends on the type of ignition you have. I will assume you have ADI ignition with six ignition coils. Disconnect the boat harness and leave the battery cables connected. Now prime the fuel and set the choke using the manual knob to on. Now using a jumper wire from the red battery cable on the starter solenoid, momentarily connect it to the yellow/red wire on the starter solenoid. The motor should crank and start, if the spark is good.

geordielad2

Cadet

Hi,should have put bit more info about engine,its a 1998 two stroke four cylinder mercury,does your guide apply the same,thanks

geordielad2

Cadet

though i'm thinking cant do that with the choke on my engine

carholme

Rear Admiral

Use the manual button on your enricher valve.

What is your engine s/n? Do you have the service manual? If not, see my message to you in Notifications at the top of the page.

Gerry

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

My description should work for you.