Videos or pics on how to removed a lower unit on a 81 Mercury 25HP Tiller?

EMW73

Cadet
Does anyone have videos or detailed pics on how to remove and replace the impeller on a 1981 Mercury 25HP tiller outboard. I have the manual on my motor but I am more of a visual kind of person. Any help would be great!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: Videos or pics on how to removed a lower unit on a 81 Mercury 25HP Tiller?

Study the manual as it will be in there.----Many U-tube videos are very good and some definitely not so good.----If you do not know these videos can lead you astray.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

pull prop, pull rear anode steering stabilizer to get to bolt underneath. put in forward, pull 4 visiable nuts on outside, catch as lower drops on your shoes.

EMW73

Cadet

Thanks guys,yeah racer I hear ya thats why I usually only watch creditable videos(ie:someone working in a shop,calling out parts,using grease. Things like that. Not someone working on an outboard in their back yard saying things like "first you remove this thingy") However I do have a lot of time on my hands at work so If I can bring the manual to work and do some reading I should be ok! Does the manual say things like what kind of lube to use and what to lube while your inside the LU? Thanks guys!