1985 Mariner Outboard Trim Tab

teg

Cadet
Good morning gents its a beautiful day in Oklahoma. I am trying to find a trim tab for a 1985 Mariner outboard motor...it has one screw in it. the one that was on the motor got broke and I need to replace it. From what I understand the trim tab help to counteract the effects of torque, or wheel-walking, on the boat. Anyways I need one. Thanks for your help in advance.

In His Grace
Teg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1985 Mariner Outboard Trim Tab

Good morning gents its a beautiful day in Oklahoma. I am trying to find a trim tab for a 1985 Mariner outboard motor...it has one screw in it. the one that was on the motor got broke and I need to replace it. From what I understand the trim tab help to counteract the effects of torque, or wheel-walking, on the boat. Anyways I need one. Thanks for your help in advance.

In His Grace
Teg

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Is this a 2hp motor, or a 200hp motor,..??

teg

Cadet

Is item 39 in this link, what you are seeking?

Mercury, Mercruiser, Force, etc. - GEAR HOUSING (PROPELLER SHAFT) - 18/20/25 H.P. (XD)

This is from the parts list which I posted for you the other day.

Gerry

Hi Mr. carholme I am very sorry you did give me that info the other day in a post. I am new to all of this, I probably appear to be very stupid to all on the forum, which I am when it comes to motors and this whole process. Please forgive me I am trying to catch on.....I want to thank you for being so kind and helpful, lots of people would not, I am very grateful for you and this forum putting up with me. I order the part and the screw....Thank you very much for your continued help

In His Grace
Teg

carholme

Rear Admiral

Teg;

Don't sweat the small stuff, we all had a start somewhere and you will do just fine.
Bookmark the parts link as you will be using it again and you don't have to use Crowley but it does give you the part numbers that you can search online.

Gerry