2001 Mercury 250 EFI..Not familiar, wondering what a few things are on the motor

coolapple

Cadet
Hey all, I just got a very low hour 2001 250 EFI and was wondering if anyone out there could fill me in on a few things. First, where does my double oil line hook up to the motor? I see the on board oil tank and hose with a two way fitting on the end, but I am assuming just one line goes there. On the other side (starboard) is an inlet near the front of the motor with no hose...is this the air side?

Also, on the back of the motor doen at the bottom there are three ports. The left has a hose going to the flush connection, the right is the pisser hose, and then I have cut hose in the center of them...any idea what this hose is for? I am assuming psi gauge?

Thanks in advance.

alfa

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2001 Mercury 250 EFI..Not familiar, wondering what a few things are on the motor

You need to get the book CoolApple...

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: 2001 Mercury 250 EFI..Not familiar, wondering what a few things are on the motor

Need the s/n to get the parts list for you.

If you would like a copy of the service manual, 90-822900, send me a PM with an email address and I will send it to you.

Gerry

coolapple

Cadet

I sent you a PM Carholme. Thank you!

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

The oil feed line goes on the port side. The air line is on the lower starboard side.

The flushing port has the square peg. Don't run the motor with the hose connected there. Its just for flushing with t he motor not running. You'll tear up the water pump if you run the motor with water connected there. The one you dont recognize is the idle exhaust port

coolapple

Cadet

The oil feed line goes on the port side. The air line is on the lower starboard side.

The flushing port has the square peg. Don't run the motor with the hose connected there. Its just for flushing with t he motor not running. You'll tear up the water pump if you run the motor with water connected there. The one you dont recognize is the idle exhaust port

Thanks for the info. As for the idle exhaust port, it's a mall 1/4 nip with a cut piece of hose on it, but where does the hose go? Thanks

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

Theres 3 things that go back there. One is the pee hole, one is the flush hole and the other is the idle exhaust port. The idle exhaust goes into the mid section to relief exhaust pressure in the mid section at idle. Its more like a 3/4" hose.

coolapple

Cadet

Theres 3 things that go back there. One is the pee hole, one is the flush hole and the other is the idle exhaust port. The idle exhaust goes into the mid section to relief exhaust pressure in the mid section at idle. Its more like a 3/4" hose.

I think we are talking about different ports, as this is a 1/4 inch ID hose.

coolapple

Cadet

I think we are talking about different ports, as this is a 1/4 inch ID hose.

Just looked in the manual I got, thanks to carholm, and it's the water pressure gauge fitting. thanks