1975 Mercury 200 20 hp Waterpump replacement

Paradactal

Recruit
I just got a 1975 Mercury 200 20hp and a 1979 Evinrude 6hp motor from a lady whos father passed away. I bought both of the motors for $75 total. Both motors are long shaft motors and have been sitting on stands in the garage for 10 years. Both of these motors seem from a visual inspection to be in excellent shape. So, first thing Im doing is replacing the impeller on the Mercury. After taking a look, it looks like there is only 1 bolt visible. Now Im not a boat motor mechanic by no means but I have changed an impeller on a Evinrude 15hp years ago. My manual is in the mail and wont be here til next week or so. Can someone help me with how to drop the lower end to get to my water pump please.photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1975 Mercury 200 20 hp Waterpump replacement

There should be a bolt down inside the hole on the midsection shown in pic #4 that needs to be removed so the tork tab plate on the bottom of the cav. plate will come off. This will let you get to another bolt thru that hole that needs to be removed to get the LU off the midsection. The nut on the stud in pic #5 will need to come off also. JMO
Oldman570

Last edited: