1991--200 hp Mercury out board, two stroke, fuel and oil injected, resent rebuild.

fgoetschel

Recruit
Boat was in storage for 5 years, cleaned fuel tanks and oil tank and lines, 40 lbs of fuel pressure, got spark, it starts when it wants to, when running I notice tack is jumping, three day's in a row it started great, now nothing, I need some help!!!

BatDaddy1887

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1991--200 hp Mercury out board, two stroke, fuel and oil injected, resent rebuild

First, you'll need to do some ignition tests, starting with a compression test on all cylinders. Then tests on the entire ignition system. Make sure your battery is in good shape and fully charged. The terminals at the battery and to the stater solenoid must be completely free of corrosion as well. Here is a site with the specs of the other tests with tips:

Page 39 - Mercury Mariner outboard ignition test specs

A decarb procedure may help with cleaning out your fuel system and possibly stuck rings.
http://forums.iboats.com/mercury-mariner-outboards/seafoam-122967.html
Scroll down to post #7 for the decarb procedure.

When you say.....now nothing....please be more specific....like, I turned the key and nothing, or I turned the key and it cranks good but nothing.

Always post your serial number so that others with precise knowledge may chime in with specifics.