help with Mariner temp sensor wiring

qhd

Recruit
Hi
I have recently taken ownership of a boat with a 1995/6 mariner 75hp 3cyl outboard. The previous owner had issues with the temp alarm going off so he removed the over temp sensor and installed a basic temp sender and gauge in its place.
I want to replace the sensor and return it back to factory but am unsure where the tan/blue wire of the sensor gets connected.
There is a plastic terminal insulator with a tan wire on it and another tan/blue wire close to it with insulation tape over the terminal lug which I think may be all related but am a little unsure.
Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated have trawled the old posts but unable to find specific wiring diagrams etc for this issue
Quentin

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: help with Mariner temp sensor wiring

Quentin;

If you post your s/n, I am sure I have the service manual and if you PM me with an email address, I will send you a copy and you will have all of the wiring diagrams.

The tan/blue coming from the external harness gets connected to the same terminal as the tan which goes to the warning module.

Gerry

Last edited:

qhd

Recruit
Re: help with Mariner temp sensor wiring

Quentin;

If you post your s/n, I am sure I have the service manual and if you PM me with an email address, I will send you a copy and you will have all of the wiring diagrams.

The tan/blue gets connected to the same terminal as the tan which goes to the warning module.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,
Serial Number is OG144461 and it is electric start and trim model. I will pm you my email address now thanks for the help.