mercury 95 overheating on idle

kristine30

Cadet
Hello

I recently purchased a mercury year 95 , 35 hp and the water does not shoot out on idle (only when going fast). We replaced the impellar but still happening and engine overheats. what do we do??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: mercury 95 overheating on idle

A thermostat would be the next thing to change. And when you changed the impeller were all of the vanes on it, if one was missing it could plug up things.

Last edited:

kristine30

Cadet

A thermostat would be the next thing to change. And when you changed the impeller were all of the vanes on it, if one was missing it could plug up things.

Hello Thank you for your answer. all the vanes were on it yes. We are going to look at the thermostat next , but would this be it if water was coming out when going fast? water just not coming out when idle. ??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

If the thermostat isnt opening and closing correctly it will cause over heating. Speed dosnt really matter.

kristine30

Cadet

DO you have any idea where it is located , I cant find it!!

kristine30

Cadet

DO you have any idea where it is located , I cant find it!!its actually a 1989 35 hp

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

If you post the serial number perhaps some one can find the parts break down and see where its at, but you can find its location in the parts listings and drawings.

kristine30

Cadet

If you post the serial number perhaps some one can find the parts break down and see where its at, but you can find its location in the parts listings and drawings.

Oc132393 serial number. I tried looking everywhere. I see the parts breakdown but doesn't show on the image.