Mercury Commander control Box....

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here.
I have a 1983 Commander side mount control box. They used this box throughout the early 80s, I believe...

The throttle only button was inoperable, so I disassembled the unit and found that the throttle only shaft (the tube underneath the button that extends down into the bearing plate) is broken. I've gone through several online parts manuals and found that the control box isn't included and therefore, I can't find the part number, or anyplace that sells the part.

Anyone know where I can find replacement parts for this unit?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Mercury Commander control Box....

Those are often listed as a accessory.

Nope. Looked on Crowley, marine parts plus, oldmercs, and a few others. The controls are not listed as an accessory, or otherwise, which I find kind of absurd.

It's a little plastic key that's shattered into three pieces. Maybe I can bond it back together somehow, or cut a new one out of aluminum and fasten it to what's left of the shaft?

See if you can find a part number or model number on the box. Here is a link to parts for the Commander remotes, see if you match a the number or the drawings to your remote. It should get you pretty close. ACCESSORIES REMOTE CONTROLSVOLUME 2 - Mercury, Mercruiser, Force, etc. Parts Lookup

THERE WE GO! You posted that while I was typing the last one....let me have a look there...I was going through the parts catalog for my XR-2 motor and the controls weren't in any of those.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The shaft is part #817253A1 and the barrel is #42651A1