1988 Mercury 135 hp v6

frdgarvin

Recruit
I have a problem that's driving me a little batty 1988 merc 135 v6 , fuel doesn't get past the carb bowls , I pump up bulb and it gets rock hard , disconnect fuel line at carbs and fuel squirts out , remove side jets and fuel comes out . fuel just doesn't get to the cylinders , its twin motors on my boat and when I pump up the other the fuel comes out the ventoris but not with the problem motor . any thoughts

Dallenx

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1988 Mercury 135 hp v6

It almost sounds like your fuel supply passages (pinholes) inside the barrel are clogged.
You could blow them out from inside the barrel with some carb cleaner that has the long straw attached to it.
If there's a screw / plug on the side of the bowl then you could undo that and drain the bowl.
Use some carb cleaner with the long straw to spray into the main jet that was behind the plug you took out.
If you can see into the carb barrel at the same time then you may see the spray dripping into the carb.
You may have to take off the top of the carb and blow the carb cleaner down into every little pin hole passage to push out what ever is in there.
Don't push anything hard into the passages as it will change their diameter and the carb won't run correctly.