93 mercury 200 XRI-Reuse head?

brushhippie

Seaman Apprentice
Burned the number two piston, punched it ten over put new piston in it and Ive cleaned the head where it looks like it mashed pieces of the piston into the head in a couple of spots...do I need to worry about the pieces coming loose from the head or will it be alright? Should I replace it?
SANY0036_zpsa1ef98e7.jpg
SANY0035_zps83d4c09d.jpg

Last edited:

Dukedog

Captain
Re: 93 mercury 200 XRI-Reuse head?

Best thing ta do would be ta have a machine shop at least "true" 'em up (make sure they're flat) while ya got 'em off. Then ya have no worries with 'em............jmo

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Also need to figure out why that cylinder failed..either a injector,ECU or ignition problem...

brushhippie

Seaman Apprentice

My thoughts exactly, now that its back together. The only way to test those is to put it on the computer..yes?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The only way to test those is to put it on the computer..yes?
DDT will not tell you a injector is bad as it looks at signal, injector could show fine and be stopped up as it has no way to check fuel flow. You will have to manually check timing on that cylinder. If this was one of my customers engine I would not put it back into service until injectors was cleaned,flow tested and balanced along with ECU tested. (Brucato)

brushhippie

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, looks like they can clean and calibrate the injectors as well...money well spent!