yamaha built mariner need help with tilt and trim rebuild kit for electric motor

zach5187

Cadet
i have a 88 mariner ive been trying to find a rebuild kit for the electric motor and valve assembly problem im having is when above 5 mph the motor does not have enough power to trim up with the pressure the water is creating on the hose in the drive it will go up down no problems someone please help me

#'s on the motor are 40elt0 6e9 l 502935

RRitt

Captain
Re: yamaha built mariner need help with tilt and trim rebuild kit for electric motor

yamaha is a piece of work. They charge $5 for an oring that grainger sells $3 per bag of 100. OK, the yamaha part will be better made than the parts on harbor frieght plumbing aisle. But not better than reputable industrial supply house such as grainger or fastenal. So, it is with a heavy heart that I advise you to go get raped on parts. But that is the reality of it. Find the 1988 40HP yamaha engine with same power trim and then go pay 100x arkup for the yamaha label. The only other thing you can do is spend 30-90 days figuring out which orings, ball bearings, and springs from grainger fit your system.