1996 Mercury 90hp. Need help identifying hose????

brettym

Recruit
fuel pump hose.jpg1996 Mercury 90hp 3 cylinder. Had a puncture in this hose, having trouble locating part number etc...Any help?fuel pump hose.jpg

Last edited:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 Mercury 90hp. Need help identifying hose????

I checked my service manual and it not only doesn't show part numbers, it doesn't bother to list that piece of hose.....it does however show the hose sold in bulk. Just have to find you a dealer that will cooperate is my best guess.

Sorry I can't help.

Give Steelspike a shout. He is such, at least a certified mechanic-business owner, and should be able to point you in the right direction. My answering this will bump it up and he may catch it.

Mark

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

The hose in question is the supply hose for fuel to the carbs. You can use a nylon vacuum Y fitting and some ethanol resistant fuel hose to repair/replace the damaged hose. Be sure to leave the brass check valve in the hose as it is. Hose, tye wraps or clamps, and Y fitting can be bought at most auto supply outlets. JMO
Oldman570

brettym

Recruit

So your saying to leave the check valve in it's current hose??? Problem is, it's torn right at the bottom of that Y so there's no way i could salvage that little piece of tubing. I'd have to install the check valve in new tubing. Also, will nylon hold with fuel running through it?

I always call Walter at Go2marine.com, he is a wizard at finding part numbers, especially on Mercs. Not to mention the fact that they are often very competitive on price.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

The hose from the check valve is to be scraped and a new short piece of fuel hose used going to the Y fitting. The nylon fitting will work fine and the fuel will not hurt it. Make sure that all the connections are good an tight and will not leek air, that will cause more trouble. JMO
Oldman570

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Part number is 32-822554....:joyous: