Oil Warning Siren Going Off on Mariner 150 h.p.

Grasshopper579

Recruit
I have a 1995 Mariner Magnum III 150 h.p. 2stroke carbuerated outboard that has just been totally rebuilt,including replacing power packs,impeller,oil alarm control module,and oil tank float & cap,the one thats on the motor. My problem is after running about ten minutes today the oil siren started to sound.(The beep beep beep sound.) The oil tank on the motor is full,and if you remove the cap and start the motor it will over flow. The oil pump gear is also in perfect condition. What else could be the problem here?

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Oil Warning Siren Going Off on Mariner 150 h.p.

What is your engine s/n?

Do you have the service manual? if not, send me a PM with an email address and I can check and see if I have the manual for you as it has the wiring diagrams and test procedures.

Gerry

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Was engine bored oversize? If so they may have knocked out oil shaft bushing in bottom of cylinder.

Grasshopper579

Recruit

I have a manual on cd. Yes it was bored out. I'm not familiar with this bushing. I do know the oil pump is working properly and the plastic gear is fine.

Grasshopper579

Recruit

Ok the serial number is 0G000994.

Update: I had an extra Quicksilver wiring harness with hand controls so I hooked it up at the motor, and installed the warning siren. The siren still goes off so this tells me it is not an issue from the key to the motor,it is something on the motor. Any ideas? Thanks

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Either cylinder #5 is not firing correctly (oil module gets its reference from) or oil pump is not spinning at proper speed that module is getting from #5 cylinder(that what magnet in bushing is for ) You can swap green wire off module to a different coil an see if it stops and if not pull oil pump and shaft and look thru hole and see if oil pump shaft bushing is in place, if missing shaft will flop and jump acme gear on crank and sensor will see its not spinning at proper speed at set off alarm. Also disconnect the wires to float in oil cap as it could be bad....

Grasshopper579

Recruit

Ok think I may be on to something. I disconnected the green wire that runs from the module and connects to the starboard side power pack and the siren goes off. What does this meen? Defective module? I have disconnected wires from the float as well as the wires from the rotation sensor and the siren does not go off. Siren only goes off when removing the green module wire.

pellc

Recruit
I have a99 mariner optimax 200 oil level in tank on motor keeps leaking down no oil leaks.I can loosen cap on motor tank and it fills back up any help would b appreciated