1982 mercury 150 hp tilt and trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bucks

Recruit
I just arrived in NY traveling from New Mexico and the pump to lift my motor will no longer operate. It is a single hydraulic ram with the tilt motor on the inside of the boat. It acts like a froze up starter and just the solenoid clicks. I have been looking for an aftermarket self contained unit that fits on the outside but none for 150 hp plus. There are plenty of repair parts on line but I would rather fox it right with something newer in technology and lighter in weight. The motor is affixed to an 82' ranger 350V. I have spent many hours and dollars to get this vessel operational and really wanted to take my son fishing before his trip to Afghanistan later this fall. I appreciate any and all suggestions of how best to solve this problem quickly and as cheap as possible (if that's possible in this economy). Thank you all for your time.

Bill

Holzy

Recruit
Are you still interested in fixing this. There are two newer versions you can use.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Holzy Please read the Help Tip on top of the page.

The OP only visited 1 time over 3 years ago. We prefer that inactive threads remain asleep. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.