75 hp mariner runs fine, but if it dies it won't restart

cureocity1

Recruit
My 75 hp mariner outboard runs 100%. I can turn it off and restart it all day long, but it it dies accidentally it will not restart no matter what I try. I get towed in but the next day it starts like a champ. Not a mechanic by any means but would appreciate some advice about what possible problem might be...thanks.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 75 hp mariner runs fine, but if it dies it won't restart

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

It may be "accidentally dying" due to an intermittent problem with fuel flow. Next time it happens, check the primer bulb. Is it flattened?

cureocity1

Recruit

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

It may be "accidentally dying" due to an intermittent problem with fuel flow. Next time it happens, check the primer bulb. Is it flattened?

Thanks...the motor kills in a variety of situations. Today it was trimming the motor up and the other day it was a slight hesitation getting from neutral to forward. Today he bulb did seem to be flattened. I tried to pump it to restart and I noticed it was dripping a small amount of gas so I plan to replace it. Could the fuel line be the problem?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Fuel line or primer bulb, or the fuel pickup tube in the tank is plugged.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

When it does this check the spark at plugs as you could have a electrical problem like stator failing....