mercury 9.9 el 2004 4 stroke, no spark and no fuel

hi there, new to this forum, have a 2004 4 stoke that i purchased, not getting spark, not getting any fuel. I first engaged the starter and looked for spark, no spark. I took apart the carburator and the fuel pump, cleaned both, both full of fuel and the fuel does have additive but don't know how old the fuel is. I started by ohming out the ignition charging coil, manual says 270-410 and got 375, next battery charging coil, manual says .48-.72 and got .50. Checked crank position sensor, manual says 230-350, read 291. i ohmed out ignition coil primary, .16-.24 and got .40, only item not in specs. I was unable to ohm out the secondary coil as i can't seem to get the boots off without damaging the wires. I got the throttle linkage working properly and the motor has a power choke that doesn't seem to be pulling in. I have installed a light in the oil circuit to see if the oil circuit is staying on when i have the ignition turned and it comes on when the key is in the ignition but soon as i turn it over, the light goes out. I assume that means i have oil pressure. I'm now officially stuck and need help as i don't know how to go any further. I can't tell if an ignition switch is stuck as it turns over and the on/off lanyard switch is in the on position. I don't know how to test the CDI which is what i now suspect but like i said, lost now. Any help would be much appreciated thanks