2004 Mercury 115 slowly loses power

jimmythegent

Recruit
Hello all,

I have a 2006 115 hp Mercury four-stroke fuel injected outboard on a Tahoe Q4. I just bought the boat and it had been sitting for a while so and it was running really rough. I had to get the gas tank cleaned out and had the fuel injectors sent off to get cleaned because there was water in the tank and one of the fuel injectors kept sticking. I also put new plugs in it and changed both fuel filters. I just got everything back together and back out on the water. Now I am running into another problem. The boat will run at full speed (45 mph) with full rpm's (5300) for about an hour to two hours and then it will slowly start to lose power. After about two hours of running it, my max speed was about 30 to 35 mph at about 4000 rpm's. If I turn the boat off and right back on, the engine goes back to full power for about 20 minutes or so and then it slowly starts to lose power again. I did this over and over about 5 times and the same thing happens. I cannot figure out the problem and I would rather not spend $90 an hour to get it checked out if I don't have to. Any input would be awesome!

Thanks!

Last edited: