Help!!! Suzuki vs mercury 115 hp outboard engine???

EMPTYNESTERS

Cadet
I have purchased and am waiting on the delivery of a 2014 bentley 240 cruise pontoon boat and originally thought that it came with a mercury efi 115 hp outbioard engine, i geuss because it was in the brochure pics
but i arrived to test drive & demo the boat & then realized that it came with the suzuki 115 hp engine???

One plus is that the suzuki had a special running for the suzuki engine where the factory doubled the warranty from 3 years to 6 years.
The boat seem to run out fine & quietly but i have just always been a mecury guy but really wanted some feedback from the awesome members of this iboat forum as i value that throughly!!!

I was checking into swapping the suzuki for a mercury engine because there was less than a thousand bucks difference ($720) but i'm now told that since the boat has already been built that there would be some more expense the cables, shifter, dash bd would also have to be changed & that would cost over $1000.00 in addition take more time to get everything iun to do the change out.
And to boot i have a wife wanting the new boat yesterday as i've already sold our existing pontoon boat!!!
And just fyi i feel as though i got a great deal on the price of the boat at $22,500 with out the trailer!!!
Thanks for any & all advice & opinions ya'll could give me!!!
And
ps:the boat will be used in home sweet home, mississippi !!!

wired247

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Help!!! Suzuki vs mercury 115 hp outboard engine???

I have purchased and am waiting on the delivery of a 2014 bentley 240 cruise pontoon boat and originally thought that it came with a mercury efi 115 hp outbioard engine, i geuss because it was in the brochure pics
but i arrived to test drive & demo the boat & then realized that it came with the suzuki 115 hp engine???

One plus is that the suzuki had a special running for the suzuki engine where the factory doubled the warranty from 3 years to 6 years.
The boat seem to run out fine & quietly but i have just always been a mecury guy but really wanted some feedback from the awesome members of this iboat forum as i value that throughly!!!

I was checking into swapping the suzuki for a mercury engine because there was less than a thousand bucks difference ($720) but i'm now told that since the boat has already been built that there would be some more expense the cables, shifter, dash bd would also have to be changed & that would cost over $1000.00 in addition take more time to get everything iun to do the change out.
And to boot i have a wife wanting the new boat yesterday as i've already sold our existing pontoon boat!!!
And just fyi i feel as though i got a great deal on the price of the boat at $22,500 with out the trailer!!!
Thanks for any & all advice & opinions ya'll could give me!!!
And
ps:the boat will be used in home sweet home, mississippi !!!

A lot of the local commercial fishermen use them especially the Indians. Ive never heard any one of them complain about the 4 stroke Suzukis. They are spooky quiet at idle.

EMPTYNESTERS

Cadet

Thanks so much for your reply but what. Part Of the country are you referring to about the commercial fishermen and the Indians ???thanks

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

Bonnevile Dam west to the John Day Dam on the Columbia River between Oregon And Washington . "Lake" Bonneville and Lake Celilo if you can call bodies of water with 5+ mph currents lakes. Heres a pic of The Dalles Dam on the Columbia taken off the back deck. Celillo is in the background and the Bonneville pool in the foreground. Eat thy hearts out suckers.

qiym.jpg

To the West looking out at the Bonneville pool. Got to be damned careful on that river during the Indian salmon season. Nets strung everywhere but the main channel. Mount Adams in the background. 50 miles to the Bonneville Dam.

vggy.jpg

turtles11756

Petty Officer 1st Class

looks beautiful minus the nets !

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

Keep in mind I'm a couple of miles from that river/lake . It looks puny from this vantage point but its a couple of hundred yards across with brutal currents. My office is right on the river and I can pull my boat up to a dock at work. Good times.