1988 100hp mercury not getting enough fuel?

ac70069

Recruit
So I replaced my power head with a used one last fall had to do a few wiring conversions because they power head was 2 years newer but I just put all my original parts on right down to the carbs, so my problem is I have a serious lack of power barely gets on plane and will not get over 4-4300rpms, when you first put the throttle down it acts like its going to rip but then falls on its face, choking does not help and neither does pumping the primer ball, the engine sounds good and fires up and idles great just no power, any help would be great!!!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1988 100hp mercury not getting enough fuel?

Did you clean carbs? What caused the old powerhead to fail? Sounds like a electrical problem if choke dont help... make sure trigger is advancing fully and carbs are at WOT.

ac70069

Recruit
Re: 1988 100hp mercury not getting enough fuel?

Did you clean carbs? What caused the old powerhead to fail? Sounds like a electrical problem if choke dont help... make sure trigger is advancing fully and carbs are at WOT.

I assume the trigger is the arm for the advance? It does move with the throttle but I don't know how to check it, the carbs have been cleaned and do go to wot, the old power head overheated pretty bad and cracked a cylinder