01 Mercury 125 on 2001 trophy 2002 WA

gettrey

Recruit
Hello guys and gals,
I've got a 2001 Trophy 2002 WA with a 2001 Mercury 125 ELPTO. I have been having some power issues. I think that I should be able to get about 30-35mph out of this set up but I can only get 23mph (gps) WOT on flat water. I have had the engine gone through by two mechanics who say they can't find anything wrong with it and that it's clean as a whistle. Reports on compression were 125psi on all 4. One mechanic told me he rarely sees an engine with the same exact number on all cylinders. I've tried two different props recommended by one mechanic and it only changed my hole shot a little but not my top end. I'll get the prop sizes if necessary for discussion. I am getting about 5200 rpm WOT which is what the manufacturer recommends. I just don't understand why I'm not getting comparable speed to others with the same setup. I talked to a guy the other day who has the same boat in a 1999 and has a force 120 that gets 35mph. I'm trying to avoid replacing the engine if I can because it is very reliable, but I need more speed out of it. Thanks for your time.