2002 ELPTO Mercury 40HP

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Boat newbie.
I have a question on the motor that is with the boat. Lady had no manuals or any info and internet searches bring up stuff
but not exactly what I am looking for.
I see on the engine there is a place to pour the oil in on top of the engine. So assume this is oil injected. Taking off the cap I didn't see or couldn't see any fill line. So what I was wondering is how often to fill it, how much to fill it with and fill it with what type of oil ? I saw one that said DFI and for injected so thought that but before I got anything I wanted to make sure I got the right kind and a good brand. Its a 2002 ELPTO Mercury 40hp and no clue how many hours are on it. Lady ran it mostly in the river as a tour boat for a yr or two but no info on its uses before that.

Thanks
Mark

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: 2002 ELPTO Mercury 40HP

Mark;

Do you know the s/n? I am pretty sure that I have a manual I can send you. PM me with an email address and the s/n and I will forward it.

Gerry

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You fill the tank to any level that pleases you (except running it over). You use any 2-STROKE (also called 2-CYCLE) oil with TCW-III or TCW-3 on the label. As the engine runs the oil level in the tank drops because oil is being added to the fuel. So you don't just fill the tank and forget it. Oil is consumed at a rate of about one pint for every six gallons. Fail to keep this tank full will cost you an engine so pay attention. Check it before every trip and keep it at least 1/2 full. Carry a quart or two of oil on the boat should you need it.

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mark;

Do you know the s/n? I am pretty sure that I have a manual I can send you. PM me with an email address and the s/n and I will forward it.

Gerry
Gerry,
Thank I will do that in the morning when I can see.
Mark