1996? mariner 150 hp 2 cyc oil hose and power routing

1963 caddy

Cadet
I put my dads 150 hp mariner engine back on his boat after being overhauled. I have a problem routing the oil lines to the motor. I should have taken a picture BEFORE I removed the motor but did not. There is a tank on top of the motor and a tank in the hold of the boat. The tank in the hold has two hoses that attach to the motor. It appears that one of the hoses mounts to a port on the lower part of the engine the other one (see pictures) should attach to the tank in some way. There is a hose with a bolt in it that goes to a "T" like fitting. Is anyone aware how this is set up? I thought the hose attached to the brass piece but it does not fit. I mounted the cables from the battery positive to the solenoid and negative to the starter.

Attachments

• DSCN2139.jpg
    DSCN2139.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2136.jpg
    DSCN2136.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2140.jpg
    DSCN2140.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2137.jpg
    DSCN2137.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0

1963 caddy

Cadet
Re: 1996? mariner 150 hp 2 cyc oil hose and power routing

Thank you. Questions answered. Used a balloon pump from the dollar store to apply pressure to the oil to force it up in to the tank. Oil tank full. Fitted an auxillary gas filter to gas line put 10 gallons of gas in tank and primed hose. Will take to lake and if all goes well will have back at dads place for the first time in about a year.