1990 Mercury 35hp outboard help

kcw989

Recruit
I have a 35 Hp Mercury Outboard that i think is a 1990 or at least close. Last year it seem to run great this year is has been cutting out for a split second when running it, sometimes it will cut out and slow right down like its running on 1 cylinder. When it does this usually i can let it sit and start it back up and it will be ok. It does this randomly so im having trouble figuring out the problem. I have changed the plugs 3 times and changed the gas a few times. I cleaned the carburetor a little but nothing seems to help. I saw someplace that someone said it could be the Black Box aka the switch box. Also the is a tiny bit of wire showing on one of the wires that connect to the box but it isnt touching anything to short it out. but I want to get some opinion before i go spending more money. The bulb stays hard while running so i dont think its not getting fuel, and both plugs have spark. any help is greatly appreciated. Also the few times it does run normal it runs great so i dont think its anything major and it usually starts right up no problem.