96 mercury 115 hp not getting full WOT(4000rpm)

GONEFUSHING

Recruit
Hello everyone so this is my issure i have a Trophy 2503 dry weight of 4500lbs twin 96 mercury 115hp 2 strokes. Heard them called the (2+2) Motors too being they run off 2 cylinders at low rpms. Anyways ive replaced both triggers and on the port motor a new stator now everythings firing and checking out as far as my electrical aspect of the motors but im still not getting full WOT. Ive cleaned the carbs replaced filters (in-line n water seperators) new fuel bulbs and lines. Ive worked of alot of motors before but these twins are really bothering me that I cant get them running at full WOT which should be in the 5500 5600 range. Also forgot to add i had good compression in both motors port(125 125 135 135) STARBOARD (135 135 130 125) Ive also checked out the foot and hub for a spun hub but I wouldnt be getting 4000 rpm if that was the case plus its on both motors any help?? It shouldnt be the timing because its in both motors and if so how would that get out of wack just by me replacing the trigger and one stator. will the rev limiter cause this to stop them at 4000? if so how can i test that to make sure its working right. please help mech in distress wanna pull my hair out.