Inboard Optimax 200 jet drive occassional overheating help

My first post so here it goes: My alumaweld has a 2007 optimax 200 jetdrive. When I'm alone I can run it with no problems. Shrimping this morning: No problems getting there. Then had some rough seas and the engine had to work hard. The constant beep starts and only stops at very low rpms or idle. It did this the other day when loaded with people close to the max weight. After I unloaded it still beeped while running back to marina. I just bought this boat used from a dealer and only had it about 2 weeks. I have run 3 flushes of salt away. So the symptoms are: When running hard or with more than myself in boat, the constant beep comes and will stop only if I drop it to about 6mph or idle. What can I check before I have to take it back to the dealer and wait for repair? Thanks!

Maclin

Admiral
Re: Inboard Optimax 200 jet drive occassional overheating help

If you did not get a manual for that engine/drive with the purchase then I would call the dealer and ask them about what all alarms there are on it, and if they do not know right away keep them on the hook to get you someone who can help until you get the manual.