1957 Mark 75 Mercury outboard

Damato178

Recruit
I just came on to a 1957 Mercury Mark 75 and wondering if they are worth checking out. It looks in good shape but have not tried to start it. Is this motor a waste of time or something that could be work something? I have some pictures if that would help. Thanks You

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1957 Mark 75 Mercury outboard

That engine it difficult to service you would definitely need a Mercury OEM manual and some special tools even to install points and condenser (the points are $50 each). There are people that would probably interested in the engine for a vintage boat setup or for display but it would be impractical to try to run one on a daily basis.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Definitely a niche motor. Gotta love it and know it to even attempt to run it... They do have a following and some fine its quirks rather charming. And they look really cool!

bgc

Ensign

I have a 58 MK75, I would only recommend it if you're ready to put some money out. Parts are getting very expensive and yes there is some special tooling. However, WOW what a motor! They get looks and inquires wherever you go and with the right setup it can move FAST! In 1958 it was the worlds fastest outboard at 107.82mph.