100 HP Mercury 93 model I believe

cbr9rider

Cadet
Hey guys I just got a 1994 Champion Bass boat with a 100HP Mercury on it. Took it out for a test run today and the problem is that it will idle fine but when I try to throttle up it wont do much of anything other than nose up and acts as if it is laboring. Before all this I bypassed the oil injector system to recirculate into the oil tank. (I have had to many problems in the past with failures from failing pumps in jetskis) The 2 cycle oil level is low so he beeper was on so I just unhooked the oil level sensor for it to stop the annoying beeping. My question is "does this motor have a limp mode as well? And does unhooking the alarm automatically put it into limp mode? One other thing is when I put the motor in reverse the motor will actually take full throttle and sounds fine.

Thanks in advance

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 100 HP Mercury 93 model I believe

All the alarm sensor are is grounds for the low side of the alarm horn. 12v is sitting on the other side. Nothing else.

The 100 hp has 4 carbs and 2 are used at low speed and the other two are fed some fuel to keep things lubed up, but not enough to cause combustion. When you get to about 2500 rpms, the fuel transfer system supplies enough fuel to the last two cylinders to light them off and now you are running on 4.

According to the guys in the know, if the linkage is setup properly, you cannot audibly or physically tell when the transition occurs.

Get a manual for correct setup procedure.

Other than that, you may have bad gas or dirty carbs or something else limiting your available fuel to the engine.

Mark