1986 4HP 1 Cylinder Mercury: Looking for Obsolete Choke Parts

Greg_E

Chief Petty Officer
Update: 4/21/13

Found everything I needed.
Thanks guys!

Picked up this motor last week. It's missing a few of the parts for the choke assembly which are obsolete, and a couple other Items.
I've read the sticky listing the salvage yards. I just thought I'd check here first.
Serial Number 0A907213
Model number is 1004206. Walbro Carburetor

I've posted the drawing of the choke assembly in post #2 so the items can be quickly identified.
Part numbers are listed below

From the Mercury online parts catalog:

Carb Choke & Linkage Drawing
I'm looking for
Item 8, 53190 , spring, tension, choke rod. ( The spring that tensions the choke knob to hold it into the linkage. Located on the left front of the lower cowl)

Item Item 4, 53193 , spring, choke shutter to lever ( The spring that goes around the shoulder screw that holds the choke shutter on the carburetor.)

Item 5, 55299A1 spring assembly, carburetor. (The stamped metal piece that clips into the choke shutter and is held by the shoulder screw)

Top Cowl & Starter Assembly Drawing
I'm also looking for Items 5 & 6 the trim cover and screw for the top cowl 89096 and 64657 (Covers the nut for the pull starter)

Let me know if you have any leads. Thanks

Greg_E

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1986 4HP 1 Cylinder Mercury: Looking for Obsolete Choke Parts

Here is the drawing of the choke assembly. I'm looking for Items 4,5,8
I'm also looking for the trim cover and nut for the top cowl that cover the pull starter nut.

Attachments

• Mercury choke.jpg
    Mercury choke.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0

Greg_E

Chief Petty Officer

It's worth a shot. The parts are listed as NLA but they show items in stock. Maybe the old stock that Mercury doesn't want to handle.

Greg_E

Chief Petty Officer

They had everything I needed. I went to the Mercury site and they had none of it.
I figured I would have to buy used parts. I'm pretty good with the J/E stuff but this is my first Merc. I'm still finding my way around.
Thanks Oldman570

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

Manufactures only have so much building space to store parts, and will sell off the older parts to other outlets so they can have space for parts for thier new motors. I have found this to be the case more than once in the past when trying to find parts. JMO
Oldman570

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer

Item 8, 53190 , spring, tension, choke rod.
Item Item 4, 53193 , spring, choke shutter to lever
I'm also looking for Items 5 & 6 the trim cover and screw for the top cowl 89096

I located part #89096 on ishopmarine using your year & m/n, it is listed as available, the springs were not, you might be able to use springs from something simular as subsitutes for 53190, and 53193. hope this helps