2004 Mercury 90 hp

towboater1

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guy's been awhile since I been here,anyway got another boat about 4 mths.ago. I found a 1703 Trophy cc with a 90 hp Merc. Salt Water edition and I noticed a water connection on the engine. My question is this a connection to flush after use,or a connection to hook up and wash down on the way in. Can't find out to much as the previous owner only had the boat aboout 8 mths. and I stole this thing for $5,000. trying to figure out how to load some pics. I love it

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 2004 Mercury 90 hp

Unless its some kind of self modification from the last owner itl be the flush pipe, just dont run the engine while using it as that would burn out the impeller.
I prefer to use muffs though as it cleans the LU better, since it seems you will be in saltwater too

towboater1

Seaman Apprentice

That's what I prefer myself just was not sure. Thank's mate. Trying to figure out how to post pics.on here as well

Bosunsmate

Admiral

I find its very handy when fuel has run out.
To post photos use the third icon from the right that has a little tree in it
cheers

tuggator

Cadet

towboater1;416t0 said:
Hey guy's been awhile since I been here,anyway got another boat about 4 mths.ago. I found a 1703 Trophy cc with a 90 hp Merc. Salt Water edition and I noticed a water connection on the engine. My question is this a connection to flush after use,or a connection to hook up and wash down on the way in. Can't find out to much as the previous owner only had the boat aboout 8 mths. and I stole this thing for $5,000. trying to figure out how to load some pics. I love it

Hi Towboater,

I own the same boat and sail as mate for Bouchard. I ned y Trophy Tater Box after the push boat slang. She is so slow. my tach doesn't work. I caonly get the boat up to 20 kts in ideal conditions. None of the guages work and this boat is so slow. How fast have yougotten your 1703 going. I gotta get a service call on my boat. Thanks Gator

Fun Times

Staff member

Hi Towboater,

I own the same boat and sail as mate for Bouchard. I ned y Trophy Tater Box after the push boat slang. She is so slow. my tach doesn't work. I caonly get the boat up to 20 kts in ideal conditions. None of the guages work and this boat is so slow. How fast have yougotten your 1703 going. I gotta get a service call on my boat. Thanks Gator
Hi there tuggator, welcome to iboats.:)

Just to let you know the chances of the original poster coming back online to help you anytime soon are going to be very slim since his last activity on the forums was back on April 24th, 2013 10:46 AM. Please see iboats forum policies linked below for additional information about this subject. Thank you and good luck.:)
iboats Moderator team.

Announcements - Mercury & Mariner Outboards

scankdog

Banned

I have the same motor, its just a flush value that you hook up to your water hose and run fresh water thru the motor so the saltwater doesn't stop up the passage....do this with motor off

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same motor, its just a flush value that you hook up to your water hose and run fresh water thru the motor so the saltwater doesn't stop up the passage....do this with motor off

scandog - Please do us all a favor and read all the posts before replying. No matter how you cut it, this considered an old topic. The reply right before your reply says why.

scankdog

Banned
oh , this "forum" is one of these kinda sites? ummmm, its a forum and if seeing a reply satisfies a poster then so be it....and no the reply before mine doesnt say word about the answer i gave which is accurate to the op who is towboater you idiot.....this is not a class, study guide or for a grade. just because someone asks a question that might of been answered before doesnt mean a poster is obligated or should even have to read and waste his time reading for an answer. thats why it is a forum, to ask and get opinions or facts within a reply.....now if im over my head here i dont give a rats ***....ban me

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
oh , this "forum" is one of these kinda sites? ummmm, its a forum and if seeing a reply satisfies a poster then so be it....and no the reply before mine doesnt say word about the answer i gave which is accurate to the op who is towboater you idiot.....this is not a class, study guide or for a grade. just because someone asks a question that might of been answered before doesnt mean a poster is obligated or should even have to read and waste his time reading for an answer. thats why it is a forum, to ask and get opinions or facts within a reply.....now if im over my head here i dont give a rats ***....ban me

The OP received an answer months ago and the post before yours explained it all. It is one of those kinda sites, we expect you to follow the rules of our house and to treat members with respect. Yes, towboater is the OP, but as explained in the post previous to yours, he hasn't been here in over a year. I may an idiot, but you are not no longer a member. Sorry it didn't work out. Good-bye