2007 Mercury 4stroke 8HP "IMPELLER"

Mick50cal

Cadet
Hello,
Iam in need of some help, I have a 2007 Mercury 4stroke 8hp outboard. And I have been trying to replace the water pump impeller. The problem is that the part # That it calls for are bigfoot models # 803748 and "non bigfoot" #803748-1
I first bought the "non bigfoot" and that impeller was to big, had to special order the "bigfoot" model and that was not the right size either!!!:confused:

The old impeller is still in good shape but it is smaller than both of these and fits perfect on the rod,

Can someone please help me out! I dont have any idea on what to do next????

This is my serial # 0R213056
2007 Mercury 4 stroke 8HP
THANKS

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: 2007 Mercury 4stroke 8HP "IMPELLER"

That s/n comes up as:

MERCURY - ( 8 H.P. (2006 ))
Serial No: 0R213056 Model No: 1F08211FK

Checked two different parts houses and those are the correct numbers for Big and Non Bigfoot. Is the one you rec'd an OEM part number or an after market?

Gerry

Mick50cal

Cadet

Hello Gerry,
The 1st one I bought was an aftermarket. So they told me I had to order through Mercury and I did. It was smaller than the aftermarket one but still to big

Fun Times

Staff member

Try going to ebay and search both part numbers, you will find photos of both impellers, this should help give you an idea if any of them looks more like the one you pulled off the engine, also count the number of blades between the two part numbers.

Maybe the first one you ordered was a mix up with a completely different impeller number, etc, etc.

Also have the mercury dealer ensure there are no parts service bulletins out about some kind of change over.

Good luck.