1993 mercury 25hp

adam81

Recruit
Need some help. boat motor gets only a single spark on the plug whenever i let off the key on the ignition. not sure but think my problem is the trigger coil. i replaced the stator because of a low resistance reading and was not the case. installed new switchpack and motor got spark that was until i install it on the block and reattacted wires. went back to a single spark whenever u let off the key again. only thing i can think of, and the only thing left (LOL) is the trigger. i think i am getting a short. i tested it with a dva meter and cant get any resistance on it. WHen the problem first started i was able to get a ready but maybe because the wires wasnt in a bind? Any suggestions would help. I did check the kill switch and it is fine. could anyone tell me if there is something to look for on the trigger to make certain it is bad. or maybe something that would cause this to go bad while installing other parts. just hope it isnt a deepr underlying problem.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1993 mercury 25hp

Maybe a faulty Key switch or wire from run position on switch to engine.

adam81

Recruit
Re: 1993 mercury 25hp

Maybe a faulty Key switch or wire from run position on switch to engine.

Could the trigger Coil be checked with a Digital volt meter. I talked with a dealer at a local boat repair shop and he said that they could only be check with dva meter. I checked between the yellow.brown and yellow/white and couldn't get any resistance between them on the Digt. Volt Meter.