Mercury 9.9 bigfoot water flow issues (first post)

toyn2much

Recruit
Hello,
My name is Mike Carsner. This is my first post and Im hailing to you from Oregon. I consider myself a very good mechanic but I have an issue with a motor I picked up and I hope someone with specific experiece with this motor can give me some insight into what is going on in my motor.

My 2007 bigfoot pro kicker 9.9 was bought used by me a month agi and originally was an extra long shaft motor. I purchased all the required parts and converted it into a long shaft.

My issue is I do not have water coming out of the TT at slow speeds. There seems to be plenty of water when I block off the water flowing out of excess water hole in the back of the middle of the leg. Is that normal or do I have a leak somewhere? There is also water comming out a hole around the add gearcase oil screw.

I did not notice this problem before I did the conversion but I did not run the motor hardly at all and it was a used motor.

1. I tried.... replacing head gasket
2. changing out thermostat
3. running without a thermostat(worse than with one)
4. changed water pump TWICE

SO anyone with a clue... or half a clue... let me know what Ive missed here???

Also I ran the motor without the thermostat and the housing to hold in the thermostat. There was exhaust coming from the side water is let into once the thermostat opens up. I assumed that is the passage where the water and the exhaust meet and ar expelled out the leg.

Thanks,

Mike

toyn2much

Recruit
Re: Mercury 9.9 bigfoot water flow issues (first post)

!cid__Resampled_2012-09-29_14-24-49_118_.jpg

Got it!
Was a missing clamp for the bottom of the water tube.