Removal of Oil Tank/Sensor 2005 Mercury 115hp elpto

wave_rider

Cadet
I am trying to remove either the oil sensor or the entire tank but am a bit stuck. Do I need to remove the lower cowling or am I missing something? thanks in advance for your help

wave_rider

Cadet
Re: Removal of Oil Tank/Sensor 2005 Mercury 115hp elpto

Was able to remove the tank but now what :) I am trying to replace the oil sensor so do I just remove the tiny screw next to the sensor or actually remove the whole tank and disconnect the oil line from it. I was told that possibly cleaning the oil tank could fix the sensor. Any ideas? Thanks!

wave_rider

Cadet

So it is definitely the float switch in the oil reservoir that is bad and after cleaning it, still won't float well. I am going to buy a new oil reservoir with new float in it. When I hook the oil line back up is a little air in the line ok or is it critical to get all the air out and do the bleed procedure?

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

The manual for my 95 115 states that you have to bleed the oil line before running the engine. There should be a bolt on top plate of the oil pump. Put a rag under the pump then loosen the bolt 3 to 4 turns to bleed the inlet hose.

wave_rider

Cadet

Thanks The_Kid, any idea if a little air is ok in the line or do I need to be sure to get it all out?