silence oil alarm merc xr4 150hp

mdrussell2

Cadet
how do you silence the oil alarm on merc xr4 150hp already disconnect oil pump and all components pulled sensor from oil resovior apart at ground and just before some black box on port side of engine and same with sensor that went to the oil pump but soon as i start engine alarm goes crazy any ideas?

Dukedog

Captain
Re: silence oil alarm merc xr4 150hp

Best to remove tha pump and pinion gear. Mercury part number for the plastic block off plate is 43453. It has a stem that will keep tha brass bushing in tha block in place. The O-ring for that kit is 32509. You also might need a coupla shorter 10/32 ss machine screws. Also a pipe plug for tha vacume port right under tha starter. You might as well remove both oil tanks, hoses and etc..........
For tha noise. trace tha blue n black from tha motor tank cap back to tha module. Should be a 3"X 4" (appox) box. Disconnect all wires and remove tha module. I'm in Lake worth/Eagle Mt. area if ya have any problems with it just let me know.............

mdrussell2

Cadet
Re: silence oil alarm merc xr4 150hp

thanks got it all done i just disconnected puple wire at switch box and it went off but thanks for the help