Power trim raises by itself

DNLBOONE

Cadet
So im going across the lake and all of a sudden my motor starts trimming itself up. I push the switch to trim it down and it stops trimming up but will not go down. I let off the switch and the motor continues to raise by itself until its trimmed all the way up. With the key off the only way to stop the trim motor from running was to disconnect power from battery. The trim switch on the motor does the same thing. It will stop trimming up when pushed down but when released continues to trim up on its own. Has any one encountered this. Thanks daniel

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Power trim raises by itself

i had the same problem you will need to replace the up solenoid i got my in west marine for $17

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

your welcome let me know whats your outcome

DNLBOONE

Cadet

Hey manny went ahead and changed both relays and kept the old one as a spare. Gone fishin. Just wanted to thank you again for the reply.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good to see some feedback BOONE,im a sucker for happy endings.
Too many ppl take advice,fix it then we never hear from them again........oh till they have another problem.
Hope you caught the big one.

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you welcome dnboone any time

ausieflash i am a newbie to and i just got my problem solve with my power steering lol i like it here there is a lots to learn am glad you guys have this site tanks