60hp Mercury whistle noise.

Hello,

I have a 2004 2-stroke 60hp Mercury that started making a whistling noise after after running the engine for a while. Wasnt sure what the cause of it was so I immediatly shut it off and went home. The next day I started it up intending on finding out what the problem was but it ran as usual without the whistle. I was wondering if there is anything I should be worried about that wont come back to me in the future. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: 60hp Mercury whistle noise.

Hello,

I have a 2004 2-stroke 60hp Mercury that started making a whistling noise after after running the engine for a while. Wasnt sure what the cause of it was so I immediatly shut it off and went home. The next day I started it up intending on finding out what the problem was but it ran as usual without the whistle. I was wondering if there is anything I should be worried about that wont come back to me in the future. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen

I just recently posted on this , I called it a (High pitched Whine Noise) took to dealer and they said sand in water intake , they cleaned but whine still there intermittently. My motors are 2011 Bigfoot 60 HP 4 Stroke.