1993 mercury 200 offshore tilt/trim sender?

Dukedog

Captain
Re: 1993 mercury 200 offshore tilt/trim sender?

If its tha three ram trim there should be a sender on tha port side of tha clamp bracket. A single BROWN wire with a bullet connector should be somewhere in tha bottom of tha cowl. There should be a matching brown coming from tha harness at tha motor. Tha sender is a round thing with two slotted ears for mountin' and adjustment. Exposed ground wire screwed to tha bracket. If its tha (HP) single ram trim, it doesn't have a sender at all..............

Groupergulper

Seaman

thanks for the info, it has 2 small rams and one big ram in the center, i still cant find a sensor or even a mount for it, on the port side there is a lever to support the motor. also is the tilt/trim switcha sealed switch? i was out today an it was a little rough and was getting some spray. the motor tilted up all by itself. the tilt/trim switch on the cowling got wet and made connection and tilted the motor up when i was running.

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

Trim the motor all the way up and look on the port side up under the bracket. If the sender isn't there you'll see what looks like a screw driver slot with two screw holes (one on either side). All the motor mount brackets with tilt/trim had the mount point but not all of them had the sender. The slotted bar is the mount point for the ram which is pinned to the ram so when it lifts it stays stationary while the mount moves around it. The sender will have a tab that fits into the slot when its mounted. Make sure it's mounted correctly or you can peramanently damage the sender. Also, do not rotate the tab by hand more than is needed to align it with the slot. All that info is in the kit if you buy one new.

Groupergulper

Seaman

Thanks for spelling it out for me. i finally found where its suppose to be. so i will order a new one and put it on. the previous owner had just put on a new trim/tilt complete unit, wish he put the sender on also. thanks.